Monday, February 13, 2012

Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day

Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day is the name of the book by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François.
First off, I was totally turned off by the title. Why is it that everything has to get done in five minutes?
And that would include eating, sex, meditation and of course, bread baking.
Once I got past the title, I read an article in Mother Earth News that explained the technique. Okay, I was intrigued, so I mixed up the dough yesterday, and now it's in the refrigerator. I hope to bake with it on Tuesday or Wednesday, and I'll post the results. The recipe calls for a lot of instant yeast (really a lot), and let's think it's not the same as "doping" to help you to create stellar loaves.
Eric from Gardenfork. TV does an interesting comparison between the "no knead" and the "five minute a day" technique. Watch the video here.

No comments: