Saturday, May 17, 2014

Rainy Workshop

In spite of the persistent rain, we just held another successful earth oven workshop in Waterville, Maine. I was wet and cold, but the group enthusiasm really elevated my spirits. For me, there's nothing more enjoyable than teaching a workshop with such eager participants. 
If there were a way to transfer such willingness and craving for knowledge to our public school systems, everything would change in the United States.

 Insulating the earth oven

Constructing the simple brick oven

2 comments:

Peter B. said...

Thanks for a great workshop! Hope someone brought home the oven we built. I've used your sourdough starter for bread and rolls. Scheming now for a way to add an oven to my yard!

Breadhunter aka Stu Silverstein said...

Yes, someone took home the oven, and I'm sure you'll find a spot for your oven.