Saturday, May 17, 2014

Rainy Workshop

In spite of the persistent rain, we just held another successful earth oven workshop in Waterville, Maine. I was wet and cold, but the group enthusiasm really elevated my spirits. For me, there's nothing more enjoyable than teaching a workshop with such eager participants. 
If there were a way to transfer such willingness and craving for knowledge to our public school systems, everything would change in the United States.

 Insulating the earth oven

Constructing the simple brick oven


Peter B. said...

Thanks for a great workshop! Hope someone brought home the oven we built. I've used your sourdough starter for bread and rolls. Scheming now for a way to add an oven to my yard!

Breadhunter aka Stu Silverstein said...

Yes, someone took home the oven, and I'm sure you'll find a spot for your oven.